SFP (Small Form-factor Pluggable) I/O Products support the hot swap of various fiber optic and copper based transceivers and cable assemblies into host equipment. SFP products provide a shielded port for Gigabit Ethernet, Fibre Channel, and InfiniBand switches, hubs and host bus adapters.
The SFP+ product family extends the use of the Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) interconnect up to 10 Gb/s. This system meets the performance requirements of SFF (Small Form-Factor) specification SFF-8431 and supports 8G Fiber Channel and 10G Ethernet applications.
· * SFP supports applications up to 4 Gb/s
· * SFP+ interconnect system supports data rates of 10 Gb/s
· * SFP+ backward compatible with SFP
· * Cages have integrated connectors, press-fit in one process step
· * Cages are available in single port, ganged, and stacked configurations